Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This week went by SUPER fast

This week went by SUPER fast. We have been doing divisions alot lately, mostly because with division, we are able to do double the lessons at a time, and they are all with member and the girls LOVE going out with us. So its super fun.

On Tuesday, we were doing divisions, and I with this girl Gabriela who is 17. We went to this house of a couple who was recently married. The wife is a long time member, but her husband is not though he has come with her to church for the last three months. Anyway, he always makes me SUPER nervous to talk to him, just because he kindof acts like we can talk but dont preach-to-me type of thing. So its super hard to know how and what to say, but at the same time to be direct with our purpose and not waste time. But like 40 minutes after aimless small talk, I just suck in my breath and ask to sing a song. We sang "The Lord is my Light," which is the most horrible song ever to sing with people who don't know that song. And then afterwards, I tried to make some weird connection with that song to the Restoration. Anyway, when I finally started talking to the guy, I realize that although he has gone to church for three months, he doesn't know ANYTHING about what we believe. For example, he didn't know that we use the Bible. what The Book of Mormon is or who Joseph Smith is. Yea, kind of important things for investigators to know.

But he was asking questinso and even decided to read and pray too. SOO good. But when I asked him if we could come back in a couple days to see if he had any questions, he was like, "I'll just ask my wife." Lame. But We're going by again soon and on Sunday, he came up to me and told me he was reading with a smile on his face—so I'm taking that as a good sign.

The ward here is super good. The bishopric is super young. I think in about my third week, I finally start to feel at home in a new area. Too bad every change is only six weeks long.

We started a new "night with the missionaries" thing where people are going to invite an investigator and us over to their house for a lesson, so we can really utilize the members in the work.

We had a ward actvity on Saturday. It was about geneolgoy but super fun. The Relief Society president had us teach everyone "Cotton Eye Joe." It was fun, I miss dancing, oh well. Fun things to look forward to!
I love you all!

HNA SUSWHA

P.S. My comp has been having like really high stress, which then leads to painful anxiety attacks. The doctor told her that she needs to take a half hour every night to just do something FUN. SOO we have been super creative and the fun has increased inside the apartment, I will admit. Friday and Saturday, we built sling shots with two rubber elastic bands, a kithne pot on our back proch. It still needs perfecting, but the lastest luanched matrerials include: one avocado pit, a chlorine bottle, sardines, orange, and flaming nylons. My companion says the stress has gone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment