Monday, October 26, 2009
Miracles Continue in the Land of the Lord
The Lord is helping a lot of his children here in Fray Bentos. I know that the more obedient and faithful my companion and I are, the more people we can help com unto Him. A while ago I started to write a prayer journal, just to put down on paper the things I was praying for. It has really helped me to have more meaningful prayers and to improve the personal relationship that I have with my Heavenly Father. When I pray to Him, I feel that he is listening and He guides me in my thoughts to answer my questions. In this way, we here able to be guided to the house of Manuel Lemos, the man who was baptized this Saturday. We showed up for the first time on Thursday and on Friday challenged him to be baptized. Raally the Lord had told us he was ready; it was really just faith and answers to our prayers and courage to follow it out.
I have learned that sincere testimony is the most powerful tool that we can use as missionaries. The lessons and teaching is more of a secondary back up, but the most important thing we can do as missionaries is help them to recognize the spirit of the Lord speaking to them. The rest, the understanding and knowledge, will come later.
Please continue to pray for us. T here are many who need to hear this message, we are trying to be the best instruments we can be, but all the prayers are needed.
I am attaching my companion's e-mail below because she describes better somethings that have been going one.
Favorit scripture of the week: Proverbs 3:5-7
Hermana Suswha
We had a super amazing week this week! Fray Bentos is seriously the "Promised land" just like everyone says it is. We had another miracle baptism this week. Seriously, I really can't tell you how much I love finding the souls that the Lord has already prepared. It's so amazing. Okay, so here's the story. Last Saturday, we contacted this man in the street named Manuel. We invited him to church. He said no. We invited him to our English class that we teach on Thursdays. He said no. We tried to testify and promise blessings and get his address to visit him another day. Once again, he said no. Nothing we aren't used to, right? Well, then the next day, he showed up for church! We saw him in the Elders Quorum but he left right after and we didn't even get a chance to talk to him. We still didn't even know his name. Then on Wednesday in ward council, we asked the leaders about him, got his name and his address and Thursday showed up at his house. (Actually Hna. Salisbury did, cuz we were on divisions.) She testified to him that we were servants of the Lord and all that good stuff and invited him to be baptized and to start praying for the confirmation that it was what he should do. She told him we were going to go back to see him on Saturday. Okay, long story short, with lots of prayer and with the guidance of the Lord, Friday we decided to go to his house and tell him that we strongly felt that he was ready to get baptized THE NEXT DAY. We got there and Hermana Salisbury was super nervous and was really quiet...however, I wasn't because I thought for sure she was going to be the one to do it all (she's usually the gutsy-full-of-faith-one). Anyway, so we read in the scriptures about the requirements of baptisms and the covenants that we make when we get baptized and then I popped the question haha..."Se bautizara?" (Will you get baptized?) and with conviction he said yes! "Si, me bautizo, si!" (It sounds better in Spanish.) Honestly, we were both blown away. It was almost too easy. Of course we wanted him to say yes and we really felt like he was ready, but I think we thought it was going to be a little harder than that. Guess that was our lack of faith. Anyway, so to shorten up the story a bit, he was baptized the next day and the baptism was amazing because we had a combined baptism with the other Hermanas' ward and with the Zone Leaders' branch so there were 7 baptisms all together and there were a ton of people there. And afterward he even gave his testimony and it was just amazing. I am sure he will become a strong church leader in no time. Also, a young kid named Victor that we've been teaching for a while was baptized and his whole family came which was really cool. So yeah, that was probably the best baptismal service that I've seen in the whole mission. It was so awesome.
Anyway, so this change is turning out to be even more amazing than I expected it to be. I love my companion, Hermana Salisbury. She's an amazing missionary and we work really well together. We work hard but we have a ton of fun. There's just so much potential here in this area. We've now had two miracle baptisms in a row. Amazing. Our goal is to keep having 2 baptisms every weekend for the entire change. It's very possible, but it will required a lot of hard work, faith and obedience, but I know we can do it!
Anyway, the mission is going great. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to share such an amazing gift with all of Heavenly Father's children and to be able to be an instrument in his hands. This really is the Lord's work. He knows who He wants in His church and He guides us to them. It's such a blessing to be able to participate in and witness so many of His miracles. I love the gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know they live and love us all very much and I LOVE being a missionary!
Have a great week!
Hermana Ung
I have learned that sincere testimony is the most powerful tool that we can use as missionaries. The lessons and teaching is more of a secondary back up, but the most important thing we can do as missionaries is help them to recognize the spirit of the Lord speaking to them. The rest, the understanding and knowledge, will come later.
Please continue to pray for us. T here are many who need to hear this message, we are trying to be the best instruments we can be, but all the prayers are needed.
I am attaching my companion's e-mail below because she describes better somethings that have been going one.
Favorit scripture of the week: Proverbs 3:5-7
Hermana Suswha
We had a super amazing week this week! Fray Bentos is seriously the "Promised land" just like everyone says it is. We had another miracle baptism this week. Seriously, I really can't tell you how much I love finding the souls that the Lord has already prepared. It's so amazing. Okay, so here's the story. Last Saturday, we contacted this man in the street named Manuel. We invited him to church. He said no. We invited him to our English class that we teach on Thursdays. He said no. We tried to testify and promise blessings and get his address to visit him another day. Once again, he said no. Nothing we aren't used to, right? Well, then the next day, he showed up for church! We saw him in the Elders Quorum but he left right after and we didn't even get a chance to talk to him. We still didn't even know his name. Then on Wednesday in ward council, we asked the leaders about him, got his name and his address and Thursday showed up at his house. (Actually Hna. Salisbury did, cuz we were on divisions.) She testified to him that we were servants of the Lord and all that good stuff and invited him to be baptized and to start praying for the confirmation that it was what he should do. She told him we were going to go back to see him on Saturday. Okay, long story short, with lots of prayer and with the guidance of the Lord, Friday we decided to go to his house and tell him that we strongly felt that he was ready to get baptized THE NEXT DAY. We got there and Hermana Salisbury was super nervous and was really quiet...however, I wasn't because I thought for sure she was going to be the one to do it all (she's usually the gutsy-full-of-faith-one). Anyway, so we read in the scriptures about the requirements of baptisms and the covenants that we make when we get baptized and then I popped the question haha..."Se bautizara?" (Will you get baptized?) and with conviction he said yes! "Si, me bautizo, si!" (It sounds better in Spanish.) Honestly, we were both blown away. It was almost too easy. Of course we wanted him to say yes and we really felt like he was ready, but I think we thought it was going to be a little harder than that. Guess that was our lack of faith. Anyway, so to shorten up the story a bit, he was baptized the next day and the baptism was amazing because we had a combined baptism with the other Hermanas' ward and with the Zone Leaders' branch so there were 7 baptisms all together and there were a ton of people there. And afterward he even gave his testimony and it was just amazing. I am sure he will become a strong church leader in no time. Also, a young kid named Victor that we've been teaching for a while was baptized and his whole family came which was really cool. So yeah, that was probably the best baptismal service that I've seen in the whole mission. It was so awesome.
Anyway, so this change is turning out to be even more amazing than I expected it to be. I love my companion, Hermana Salisbury. She's an amazing missionary and we work really well together. We work hard but we have a ton of fun. There's just so much potential here in this area. We've now had two miracle baptisms in a row. Amazing. Our goal is to keep having 2 baptisms every weekend for the entire change. It's very possible, but it will required a lot of hard work, faith and obedience, but I know we can do it!
Anyway, the mission is going great. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to share such an amazing gift with all of Heavenly Father's children and to be able to be an instrument in his hands. This really is the Lord's work. He knows who He wants in His church and He guides us to them. It's such a blessing to be able to participate in and witness so many of His miracles. I love the gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know they live and love us all very much and I LOVE being a missionary!
Have a great week!
Hermana Ung
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment